Author's Introduction

Salutations! Hope you are doing well in these strange times, whoever you are.

It is fitting that the first article published in this blog be an introductory one. So here we are. 

My name is Aaliya Dayana, I'm 21 this year, starting 2nd of August (gifts are more than welcome). I'm an INTP and a Leo, if you're into that sort of stuff. I did my SPM at SMK Convent Bukit Nanas (CBN), which might explain my attitude. Currently a student of the renowned International Islamic University of Malaysia's (IIUM) Ahmad Ibrahim Kulliyah of Laws, where I'm pursuing an LLB. 

I was asked to elaborate on why exactly I chose to study at IIUM. It may or may not have something to do with the fact that I was not chosen to study at UM, but we'll skip that part. Truth be told, I was drawn to IIUM because I felt like I needed to be more spiritually connected. I've never been particularly religious throughout my life, which to me is a fault that needs correcting. I've always envied those who had stronger faith when I was struggling with mine, or those who's thoughts are serene when mine was a storm. Being an IIUM student, I felt, would help me get in touch with better influences, and shape me to be the women I aspire to be. Also, on a lesser note, being able to speak Arabic seems like a fun flex among friends. My grandmother is also elated that her granddaughter is studying at an International Islamic University, and honestly, if it makes Tokku Ma happy, that's more than enough reason to love studying here. 

Quite honestly, I don't have much expectations about the UNGS 1201 course. The class is called Sustainable Development, so I figured it would have to relate to the United Nations. I'm interested to see how we can be more eco-friendly, or to brainstorm ways to uplift our community. Either way, I'm excited to see what's in store, as any break from Law classes is always a plus (partially kidding). 


Comments

  1. What a great intro! Thank you for sharing a little bit about yourself. Wishing you all the best and do keep bogging! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful writing. Good to know you !

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to know you aaliya :) may Allah keep us steadfast to Deen and i wish you for a great upcoming Ramadan experience soon ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insyallah, may you have a great Ramadhan too!

      Delete
  4. Hi aaliyaa !! it is really nice to read about you, may IIUM is the best platform for us to be more spiritually conneted with our Creator, in sha Allah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts